FUSOGARD 100ML (50DS)
Fusogard - 50 Dose is for the vaccination of healthy cattle six months of age or older as an aid in the reduction of clinical signs of footrot and the number and size of liver abscesses caused by Fusobacterium necrophorum. Fusobacterium necrophorum bacterin designed specifically for cattle provides effective, season-long foot rot protection. Economic advantages of 2 doses of FUSOGARD far outweigh treatment and medication costs, feed conversion losses, lost milk production and manpower to pull lame cattle. Provides season-long foot rot protection.
Offering season-long protection, Fusogard aids in reduction of clinical signs of foot-rot. It is also approved to aid in reduction of size and number of liver abscesses in cattle. It is for use in healthy cattle and is approved for use in organic herds. Administer 2 ml subcutaneously in the neck per Beef Quality Assurance guidelines. For liver abscesses, repeat dose in 60 days. Revaccinate annually; and when infection conditions exist, exposure is imminent, or as recommended by your veterinarian.
Fusobacterium necrophorum is commonly found in the environment and even within an animal’s own body. It can invade through skin wounds and membranes in the hooves to cause foot-rot and plays a secondary role to rumenitis or rumen acidosis to form liver abscesses. This vaccine provides effective protection to reduce the incidence of foot-rot caused by this bacterium and can reduce the size and number of liver abscesses. Liver abscesses contribute to lower weight gain and reduced milk production.
- Approved for use in organic herds
- Store out of direct sunlight at 2°-7° C (35°-45° F)
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days prior to slaughter
- Shake well before use. Use entire contents when first opened
- Designed specifically for cattle to provide season long protection
- For animal use only; do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter
- Anaphylactic reactions may occur; use epinephrine for symptomatic treatment
- Contains inactivated Fusobacterium necrophorum bacterin with the adjuvant Suprlmm
- Effective vaccination protection outweighs costs of treatment, lost milk production, and labor for both foot-rot disease and liver abscesses